This blog provides information for educational purposes only. Read our complete summary for more info.
We aspire to provide the highest quality copper distillers and pre-built stainless steel stills on the planet. We also work very hard to make sure they're compatible with a wide range of additional equipment and add-ons.
To that end, we've designed an entire suite of modular brewing and distillation equipment, all designed to compliment and work with one another. Below is an assembly guide for our stainless steel distillation equipment that shows how the parts and pieces work together and can be easily swapped to re-configure the entire system.
Basic Distillation Equipment (Level 1):
Here is a fermentation kit that includes everything necessary to conduct basic fermentation.
- 7 Gallon Bucket Fermentation Kit: Includes 7 gallon plastic fermenter, fermentation thermometer, air lock
Intermediate Distillation Equipment (Level 2):
- Making Pure Corn Whiskey (A great intermediate to advanced book) Caution: this book can get pretty complicated.
- 10.5 Gallon Stainless Steel Boil Pot (for heating water or making 5 gallon mashes) - our starter brew system is great for this
- 20 Gallon Stainless Steel Boil Pot (heating water or making 10 gallon mashes) - our 20 gallon starter system is great for this
- Nylon Mash Bag (for making easy all grain mashes)
- Boil Pot Thermometer (measuring water temp during boil)
- Wort Chiller (for cooling mash before introduction of yeast)
- 7 Gallon Fermenter - Plastic Bucket (for initial fermentation)
- Carboy Thermometer (measuring fermentation temp)
- Air Lock
- Auto-siphon (for sanitary, easy siphoning
- Racking Cane Clip (another must have item)
- Beer Hydrometer (for determining starting alcohol)
- Spirit Hydrometer (for determining final proof of whiskey)
- Proofing Parrot (for use with hydrometer)
- Cheese Cloth (filtering mash and wash)
- Star San (for sanitizing all equipment)
- PBW (for cleaning all equipment)
- Large digital scale (for measuring grain, etc.)
- Small digital scale (for measuring yeast, etc.)
- Copper Scrubbers (for packing your column)
- Digital Thermometer (for measuring mash temperature)
- Stainless Steel Thermometer (for measuring the vapor temp of the still)
- Stainless Steel Spoon (for stirring and mixing the mash)
Expert Distillation Equipment (Level 3):
For the advanced distiller we’d suggest picking up everything on the “intermediate” list above AND all of the items in this category.
- Grain Mill (for milling your own grain)
- 20 Gallon Stainless Mash Tun (for 5 or 10 gallon all grain runs)
- Mash Paddle (long paddle for stirring mash)
- Brix Refractometer (determines sugar content of liquid)
Clawhammer Supply is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Get either a gas or electric heating system.
- Electric Heating Source (the preferred method if power is available)
- Gas Heating Source (for when power is not available)
- Wood Stoves 2.0 (guide to making ultra-efficient wood stoves)
Additionally please read our complete legal summary for more information on the legalities of distillation.