This blog provides information for educational purposes only. Read our complete summary for more info.
People hide money for many different reasons. Our friend Ross, who stars in many of our YouTube videos, never submits his timesheets or asks us to pay him. Even though it’s true Ross brews with us just because he loves doing it, we still feel like we owe him something. To give back to Ross in a creative way, we gave him a beer can filled with $1000. If you’ve ever wanted to surprise a fellow homebrewer, this is the tutorial for you. Read on to learn how to hide money where no one has before.
This is Ross, click on his picture to watch a brew day with him!
Full Video Tutorial
Watch this video for a visual tutorial of the steps listed below
- Can Seamer - We use one from Oktober
- 16 oz. (473.2 ml) can of beer
- Empty 16. oz (473.2 ml) beer can
Follow These Steps
1. Weigh a 16 oz. (473.2 ml) can of beer - write this number down
Weighing a 16 oz. (473.2 ml) can of beer from Fonta Flora
2. Weigh some gravel out - you want an amount of gravel that weighs just as much as a real 16 oz. (473.2 ml) can of beer
We just got some gravel from our driveway
Weighing out gravel on a scale
3. Put the gravel you just weighed out into an empty 16 oz. (473.2 ml) beer can
Not all the gravel made it in on the first try
4. Slide a roll of money into your can of gravel
Roll up your money nice and tight so it can fit in your can
5. Seal this can in your can seamer just like you would a normal beer
6. For more realism, peel the label off of your real 16 oz. (473.2 ml) can of beer and put it on your can filled with money
Watch the video below to see us surprise Ross with the can of money we made!