This blog provides information for educational purposes only. Read our complete summary for more info.
Cherry Moonshine Recipe
This cherry moonshine recipe was created with the goal of making something that has loads of cherry flavor. It has great versatility and we found it can complement many different cocktails. We started with the basic cherry moonshine recipe (made with Ole Smoky Moonshine) and then took the cherry shine to the next level with our amazing recipe variations as well as our mixed cocktails.
• 1 pound of fresh red cherries.
• ½ cup of cherry juice
• 1 cup sugar
• 750 ml of Ole Smoky Moonshine (Everclear or vodka are good substitutions)
• ½ cup water
• Mason Jars
• Large Bowl
• Potato Masher
Make Cherry Simple Syrup
- We added1 cup of sugar, ½ cup water, and ½ cup cherry juice into saucepan on medium heat.
- We let the sugar dissolve and reduced until we had a syrup consistency.
- We removed it from the heat, let it cool, and then transferred the syrup into a mason jar.
Add The "Moonshine"
- We placed the cherries in a large bowl.
- We then removed the pits (seeds).
- We then added the simple syrup, Ole Smoky Moonshine, and cherry juice into the bowl of cherries.
- We Mix everything until well combined.
- We then transferred the contents of the bowl evenly between individual mason jars. We made sure that the cherries were evenly distributed between the jars.
- We then placed the jars in the refrigerator for at least a week.
- We have found the longer you let the moonshine infuse the better it tastes.
Moonshine Cocktail Recipe Ideas
Now that you have your cherry "moonshine", you can drink it alone or mix it into a delicious cocktail. Make the cherry "moonshine" limeade for the summer, the cherry pie "moonshine" shot for the fall, or stir up your own creation. Make something good? Leave it in the comments below.
Cherry "Moonshine" Limeade
- 3 oz limeade
- 3 oz sprite or lemon lime soda
- 1 oz fresh squeezed lime juce
- 2 oz of the cherry moonshine made from Ole Smoky
- Ice Cubes
- Lime Slices
We wanted to be fancy and garnished this with a lime slice and muddled cherries.
Cherry Pie Moonshine Shot
- 1 oz Of the cheery moonshine made from Ole Smoky
- 1 oz Vanilla Vodka
- .5 oz of almond simple syrup
- 1 oz whipped cream
We topped this with whipped cream and one cherry.
Check out the rest of our moonshine recipes here.