This blog provides information for educational purposes only. Read our complete summary for more info.
Full Recipe Video
- Ice ( optional )
- Sparkling water, Club soda, or tonic water ( any flavorless drink will do! )
- Whipped Cream
- Garnishes ( Maraschino Cherries)
- Optional: Sugar
Heat Source: Stovetop burner
- Cut Strawberries into quarter like pieces
- Place strawberries in a pot on a heating element set to medium heat
- Add 4oz of water and begin to stir
- Stir and mix strawberries until desired consistency is reached ( approx. 20 minutes)
- Optional: Add sugar for additional sweetness
- Remove from heat and allow the syrup to cool down
- Put 3 tbsp. of strawberry syrup into a glass. We used standard 16oz pint glasses
- Optional: Add Ice
- Choose your desired beverage, sparkling water, club soda, or tonic water, and pour it into the glass.
- Top off with whipped cream & other garnishes if you desire.
- Enjoy with friends and family!
How does it taste?
The type of fruit and flavorless beverage you used will ultimately determine how your Italian Soda tastes! We found our strawberry Italian soda to be quite delicious. However, adding too much whipped cream to the top may make for a challenging drinking experience. We recommend trying this recipe with different fruit combinations and encourage you to share your concoctions in the comment section!
If you are looking for a recipe with a little more kick, check out our other homebrew videos and recipes!