This blog provides information for educational purposes only. Read our complete summary for more info.
This white bean chicken chili recipe is our absolute favorite way to make a healthy meal that also taste rich and amazing. Instead of getting deep into some story about how awesome this food is in order to fluff up the article, we'll just get into the details. But before we do, it should be noted that this chili will pair wonderfully with our Mexican Lager homebrew recipe.
Ingredients (borrowed from Cooking Classy):
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (7 oz) can diced green chilies
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- salt and freshly ground black pepper taste
- 1 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese. Separate it into 5 or 6 chunks
- 1 1/4 cup frozen or fresh corn
- 2 (15 oz) cans cannellini beans
- 2 1/2 cups shredded cooked rotisserie or left-over chicken*
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro, plus more for serving
- Tortilla chips or strips, monterrey jack cheese, sliced avocado for serving (optional)
- Build a medium fire and let it burn almost completely down to coals. Spread evenly, leaving some burning wood to one side and place 6 quart dutch oven in the center of the coals.
Add olive oil and allow it to increase to saute temp. Add onion and saute for 4 or 5 minutes. Add chicken and cook a few more minutes. Then add garlic and give everything a good mix.
Add chicken broth, green chilies (from a can), cumin, paprika, oregano, coriander, cayenne pepper and season with salt and pepper to taste. Bring mixture just to a boil then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 15 minutes.
Whilst the ingredients are simmering, drain and rinse a can of beans in a fine mesh strainer or colander then add to pot. Add the corn as well. Stir everything well and allow everything to get settled in.
Add the cream cheese, making sure to split it into 5 or 6 chunks. Use a wooden spoon to break up the cheese and mix as it melts.
Introduce fresh lime juice and cilantro and boom, you're done.
Serve in a large bowl with plenty of sour cream, tortilla chips and even more fresh cilantro. And again, don't forget the Cerveza!