Copper Proofing Parrot Kit
Copper Parrot Parts
Using a parrot is the easiest, most convenient, and most reliable way to monitor and measure alcohol proof during distillation. This product works in conjunction with proofing hydrometers and allows for real-time monitoring of still output ABV.
With this kit, we supply all of the copper fittings needed to make a high quality, 100% copper parrot. You will need to supply a piece of wood for the base of the finished parrot. You will also need to drill an 11/16" hole into the piece of wood* to support the finished parrot.
- All required pipe and fittings to make a copper parrot
- Step-by-step online assembly videos, located here: How to build a copper proofing parrot.
What you need to have or buy from Home Depot:
- A plumbing torch or large electric soldering iron
- A small spool of lead free plumbing solder and small container of water soluble flux
- Locking pliers, sandpaper, small work table, a vise would be handy (but is not absolutely necessary), 11/16" drill bit
- Block of wood for the base
Note, this product is designed for legal uses only. Read our complete terms of service before buying.
Praise from our customers
It shipped the same day I ordered it and was at my door 3 days later. The parts went together like a dream. Everything fit exactly as it was supposed to. The video instructions made this build very easy.