Distillation Heat Source Options
- Distilling over a wood fire makes temperature control difficult, it's dangerous, and makes a mess of your still.
- Distilling over a propane burner offers better temperature control, but it's the most expensive heating source for stills (due to the high cost of propane).
- Electric hot plates are very convenient, but are expensive and a special adapter is required to use them with most milk can distillers.
- An electric heating element combines the best qualities of all of the options. They're high output, they're affordable, and they're much safer than an open flame.
Easily control this heating element kit with one of our electric controllers. The element and adapter are made from high quality stainless steel and won't tarnish. We've tested a lot of elements over the years and this one has out performed every single one of them.
- 15 amp, 120 volts, 1500 watts
- 100% stainless construction.
- Quickly attaches to a 1.5" ferrule
- Heavy duty stainless steel element adapter
- 1500 watt stainless steel heating element
- 6 foot 15 amp grounded power cord
What You Need
- Electric controller to regulate the temperature
- 1.5" Tri-Clamp and gasket (included in our 8 gallon stainless stills)
- GFCI protected outlet
How To Install
Thread the exposed end of the plug through the adapter cover and attach the wires of the plug to the heating element using a screw driver. Screw the element into the heavy duty adapter (included). Attach the adapter cover to the adapter housing. Attach the adapter and element to a 1.5" ferrule.
Praise from our customers
It shipped the same day I ordered it and was at my door 3 days later. The parts went together like a dream. Everything fit exactly as it was supposed to. The video instructions made this build very easy.