- 2 ounce container.
- Non-Hazardous, water-based flux.
- Complies with ASTM and CDA specifications.
- Formulated for lead-free alloys.
Superior No. 141 plumbing flux is a creamy, white, water flushable paste that holds its shape and will not slump until being heated above 50°C/122°F. This product was developed as a water-flushable alternative to petroleum-based plumbing fluxes, the current standard. Superior No. 141 meets ASTM Specification B-813 and complies with Copper Development Association (CDA) requirements. It is a water-based flux that promotes excellent solderability and post-solder removal with lead-free solders.
Superior No. 141 is formulated specifically for use in plumbing applications where Copper and Copper-alloy tubes are being soldered.
Superior No. 141 should be applied with a brush or a swab. The flux exhibits the best activity between 93-315°C/200-600°F. Post-solder residues are water-flushable. The following steps are recommended for optimum soldering results:
- Remove any oil, grease, or other contaminants from the surface to be soldered.
- Apply flux to joint by swabbing or brushing to area being soldered.
- Preheat or air-dry area to be soldered after flux has been applied to activate the flux and yield optimum soldering characteristics and reduce or eliminate spattering.
- Apply or feed solder wire to area being soldered.
- Clean flux residues from soldered area using a water rinse or by wiping off with a wet cloth.
Praise from our customers
It shipped the same day I ordered it and was at my door 3 days later. The parts went together like a dream. Everything fit exactly as it was supposed to. The video instructions made this build very easy.