This blog provides information for educational purposes only. Read our complete summary for more info.
This beer was brewed on the Clawhammer 120v Electric Brewing System. Both the recipe and a beer were sent to us. We loved the beer so much we decided to publish the recipe here for your enjoyment. This one is a keeper and we definitely recommend brewing it. Props to Sarah Flora for this little gem of a recipe.
- 7 Gallons (26.5 liters) Filtered Water
- 8lbs. (3kg 628.7g) Pilsner Malt
- 2lbs. 8oz. (1kg 134g) Two Row
- 2lbs. (907.2g) White Wheat
- 8oz. (226.8g) Munich
- 1lb. (453.6g) Sugar
- .5oz (14.17g) Citra (14%aa)
- 1.25oz. (35.44g) Motueka (7%aa)
- 10g. Crushed Coriander
- 5g. Fresh Rosemary (Crushed)
- 96 fl.oz. (2.84 liters) Tart Cherry Juice
- Wyeast 3711 French Saison Yeast
Heat water, add grains, and mash at 160F (71.1C) for 90 minutes. Pull grains and drain into kettle. Bring to a boil (60 minutes) and add Citra hops immediately. With 15 minutes to go, add the Motueka hops. With 5 minutes to go, add the coriander, and rosemary. Cool to 170F (76.7C) and add cherry juice. Cool to 68F (20C), transfer to fermenter and add yeast.
This beer is awesome. Overall, it's very light and refreshing. The cherry, coriander, and rosemary and coriander provide a good punch at the beginning but it's layered over a smooth and creamy background provided by the saison yeast and malt. It's very delicious. Please do yourself a favor and brew this beer!