This blog provides information for educational purposes only. Read our complete summary for more info.
Pineapple Moonshine Recipe
This pineapple moonshine recipe captures all the natural sugars and flavors from fresh pineapple and transforms plain store bought moonshine such as Ole Smoky into a sweet alcoholic drink. But don’t be fooled, it will still pack a punch.
- 1 ripe pineapple- (A pineapple is ripe if a top leaf can be plucked with ease)
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 bottle 750 ml of grain alcohol – Ole Smoky moonshine/Everclear
- 1 small lemon
- We cut pineapple into small squares.
- We distributed the pineapple evenly between two mason jars
- We cut the lemon into thin slices
- We distributed lemon slices evenly into mason jars
- Added ¼ cup sugar to each jar
- Poured a bottle of Ole Smoky Moonshine (Everclear/vodka are good substitutions) until brim of each moonshine jar.
- Sealed mason jars.
- We made sure to shake the jars daily.
- We stored in a cool place for one week- we used our refrigerator. We found the longer the fruit sits in Ole Smoky moonshine the more flavors the alcohol will pull from the Pineapple. We recommend storing the jars up to a year in a refrigerator for maximum flavor.
Bootleg Pineapple "Moonshine" Recipe
Bootleg Pineapple "Moonshine" is the perfect paradise drink recipe; with elements of coconut and a touch more consistency with added pineapple juice mask the alcohol really well making it a very smooth and refreshing drink. This short and simple process makes pineapple flavored "moonshine" fast. With taste this good it can be deceiving, so please drink responsibly.
- 1 ripe pineapple
- 1 750 ml Ole Smoky moonshine- (Everclear and vodka are good substitutions)
- 1 can (qt) pineapple juice
- 1 16oz can coconut water
- 6 tablespoons of brown sugar
- We cut pineapple into chunks
- We added pineapple juice, coconut water, chunks into a pot .
- We brought everything up to a boil
- We then removed it from heat and let cool to room temperature.
- We added the Ole Smoky Moonshine
- We stirred it well.
- We then pour it into individual jars
- We stored it in refrigerator for one week. We found the the longer the jars sit in the fridge the better it tastes.
Pineapple Moonshine Cocktails
Sweet Summer Shine Cooler
- 1oz Pineapple moonshine made from Ole Smoky
- .5oz Peach Moonshine made from Ole Smoky
- Orange juice
- Poured over Ice and a splash of cherry juice
- Garnished with orange and cherry
- 1.5 oz Pineapple moonshine made from Ole Smoky
- 2 oz Amaretto
- Splash of Cherry Juice
- 1.5 oz of Pineapple moonshine made from Ole Smoky
- 2 oz Lime juice
- 1 oz Lemon Lime Soda
- Pineapple infused chunks
- Poured over ice
- Garnished with lime